Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Anatomy of Biden's Blunder

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy..."
Senator Joseph Biden (D) Delaware.



INSULT TO INJURY
  • Bush says Obama has a long way to go (but at least he's articulate!) (New York Times)
  • Bush says rising star Obama still far from White House (AFP)
  • Biden says comments taken out of context (CNN)

THE REACTION

  • Obama not offended by comments but called them "historically inacurate" (CNN)
  • Fox hyperbole over Biden blunder (News Hounds)
  • Defending Biden's blooper, Matthews ignores "clean" crack (News Busters)

THE APOLOGY

"I deeply regret any offense my remark in the New York Observer might have caused anyone. That was not my intent and I expressed that to Senator Obama." Senator Joseph Biden (D) Delaware.


THE SPIN (from The Daily Show)




No comments: