Thursday, January 25, 2007

Ford Won't Endorse Obama

Soooooooo Mr. EX-congressman Ford. It was fine for you to drag Senator Obama all the way down to Tennessee to help you try to wash some of the mud off you during your reaaallllyyy nasty senate campaign last fall. Fine to use the guy with the wholesome, scholarly image, and the wife, and the daughters to lift you up after the Republicans white-womaned your a#!. Fine to try to coat your doomed efforts with a little "Barack-star-dust". Remember? The Washington Post does.











Fast forward a few months, and nooooowwww you say you have to remain neutral in the 2008 presidential race because of your consolation prize position as chairman of the Democratic Leadership Council? Dude. Come ON.

Fast forward again to election day 2008 -

Ford: "Hey Barack man, just a quick call to check in before the polls close. Need anything?"
Obama: "Texas and Florida would be nice."
Ford: "Well I don't know how they'll go but I know there are at least three votes you can count on come hell or high water...your wife's, your grandmother's and mine. Heh heh heh."

(2 minutes later)

Ford: "Hey Hillary, just a quick call to check in before the polls close. Need anything?"
Clinton: "Who is this?"
Ford: "It's Harold - hey I just wanted to say even though I had to remain neutral in public - off the record you know I voted for you right?"
Clinton: "Ickes are you on crack? Of course I know you voted for me you're my lawyer, now find out what's going on in Ohio and call me back." (Click)

No comments: