Saturday, January 13, 2007

Draft Obama Site: Genuinely Grassroots?

A keen-eye'd New York Observer peeped the very polished steez over at Obama4America.com. The article suggests the site is not so much a pure expression of the power of the people as a project of professional political operatives.

"Among the numerous unofficial "draft" Barack Obama websites that have been popping up lately, one struck me as particularly professional looking: Obama4America.com.The company that created the website, it turns out, is registered to Joel Berman, whose email address is for a California-based company called Catapult Strategies. That's the company co-founded by Howard Dean's former campaign manager Joe Trippi, who now works there "on a project-by-project basis," according to his bio.I called Berman to ask whether the website was part of some potentially more involved relationship with Obama, but after I introduced myself, he hurried me off the phone. (He said he was going into a meeting and would call me back.)"

No comments: